Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Views From The Road in Iowa

Location: Onawa, IA (High 57, Low 28)

IMG_5171Today we were back to our usual type of travel day – a little over 200 miles.

It was very easy to get going this morning as our bodies are still on Eastern time. We headed out right around 10 am.

IMG_5175

 

The scenery hasn’t changed too much in the past couple of days, but I still keep snapping pictures. I am fascinated by the wide open expanses and broad vistas.

 

IMG_5158

 

We passed through areas with tons of wind turbines, I don’t even know how many. (I’ve seen them before but not in these numbers.)

 

windt

 

A lot of them were on the driver’s side so I couldn’t get a great picture, but it didn’t keep me from trying. Smile

 

IMG_5180

 

We arrived around 2 pm and settled in for the evening.

 

IMG_5183

 

 

Tomorrow we have a short two hour trip and we will finally be arriving in Sioux Falls, SD!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to here that you have to rush and head back east. I hope all goes well with the medical procedure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thos wide open spaces are so different from where I live. Very interesting. Keep snapping those pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how wide open it is in the middle of the country. Safe travels to SD!

    ReplyDelete