Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Let’s Try This Again!

Location: Peru, NY (High 78, Low 62)

IMG_6635We have been so lucky with the weather while we have been here, and yesterday was another picture perfect day.

We decided to try another bike ride, hopefully without any blowouts this time!

IMG_6662

 

Harry and I drove over to AuSable, and we left from there to bike to Upper Jay. The road basically follows along the AuSable River the whole way. IMG_2155

 

 

Harry and I were the tourists, asking my mother to stop every couple of minutes so we could take some pictures. Smile

IMG_2140

 

 

Oh, and we found someplace to get our propane tank filled! Winking smile

 

 

In Upper Jay, we made a stop at a local bakery for some breakfast.

IMG_6654

 

 

I had the raspberry stuffed french toast.

 

 

IMG_6655

 

I think I may need to bike a few more miles!!

 

 

 

On our way back to AuSable, we stopped by the covered bridge in Jay.

IMG_2196

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2175

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2211

 

It was a really nice bike ride – we did about 21 miles.

 

 

 

IMG_2215And our great day wasn’t even over yet!

After we changed, we headed up to Fern Lake for the afternoon to visit our friends Jim and Ronda.

 

IMG_2232

 

I went out in a kayak for the first time ever. I didn’t go very far, just practiced maneuvering, not far from shore.

 

IMG_2247

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_2298

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6687

 

We sat in the front porch and chatted for most of the afternoon, and finished the day off with a couple takeout pizzas.

 

 

It was great to get a chance to see Jim and Ronda before we head out on Monday. We had such a good time. Smile

We have a couple more bike rides in store this weekend, and the weather looks fabulous. Should be a nice end to a great couple of weeks.

Twelve days left before we head for Kentucky.

2 comments:

  1. A bakery for breakfast would rank high on my list. Sounds wonderful. My problem is I don't do the bike riding to make up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great day!! :-)
    What an incredible looking breakfast...I know I gained a pound or two just looking at it. :-)

    ReplyDelete