Header Picture

View From the Trail to Mount Colvin

My Readers

Friday, August 16, 2013

Snow Mountain

Location: Peru, NY (High 77, Low 50)

IMG_1862One of the the things that I have been really looking forward to this summer is getting out for a couple hikes while we are here in the Adirondacks. I have always really enjoyed hiking, but I am usually so out of shape that it is a real struggle to make it up the inclines.

IMG_1871

 

Not so yesterday – it was a wonderful day with a great hike. My two nephews and my mother did the hike with Harry and me.

 

IMG_6375

 

We were climbing for most of the hike.

IMG_6383

 

 

 

 

 

 

But the end result was worth it!

IMG_6398

 

IMG_6427

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6406

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a nice lunch, we headed back down.

IMG_6430

 

 

 

IMG_6432

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6382

IMG_6436

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6444

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_6446

 

 

It was a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great hike, can't wait till Dave's foot is better so we can get back out on the trails. Looks like we're in for a nice stretch of weather, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all look like seasoned hikers. Nice pics. I look forward to getting up in that neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful feeling...to be in such great shape and be able to hike those inclines. You are certainly motivating me to get in better shape. I don't think I could hike very far and I love hiking too!!
    Looks like you all had a great day and the weather looked nice as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you - you and Harry both look like you're having a great time on that hike. Kudos to your mom too for being able to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my mom is my inspiration! She walks like 5 miles a day, bikes 15, 20 mile trips! I want to be that active and healthy too. :)

      Delete
  5. looks like it was a nice family day!! and even better when the views at the top are worth the climb!!

    ReplyDelete